Mei's birthday was July 6th...so yes, this is a catch-up post. Don't judge me...I have 4 kids.
Mei is my clingy baby. She started stranger anxiety at 4-5 months old and it's still going strong. She does NOT like strangers. She cries whenever someone tries to hold her (or smile at her) even when I'm right there. She's very tentative in new surroundings and is nervous in new situations. I just took her to get her 1 year old photos taken...didn't crack a smile for the photographer. She wore a very serious expression (scowled) and then after 15 minutes into the shoot decided she was done and cried...thus ending the photo shoot early. But I'm not disappointed- I'm really looking forward to seeing the proofs b/c that's typical Mei. She's not afraid to shove someone's hand away if they get too close...and she's not going to smile for you if she doesn't know you. It shows me how strong of a personality she is...which is all the more endearing to me.
On the flip side, she's an amazingly easy baby. She's been sleeping through the night since 3 months old. She's the best eater out of my 4 girls at this stage. She naps regularly and knows how to put herself to sleep. She is great at keeping herself entertained and plays well with her sisters or by herself. She's a typical Dibb- she climbs everything and leaves no drawer unopened. She's even trying to walk down the stairs...and she's just barely started to walk. I have thoroughly enjoyed getting to know her unique personality.
Stats:
10.2 kg (22.5 lbs)- my chunkiest baby at 1 year
Fave food- strawberries, but will eat anything you put in front of her
Fave song- Gangnam Style (unfortunately- I am so over that song)
Fave TV/Movie- none, she hasn't shown any interest yet
Fave activity- playing outside
Fave words- uh oh, all done, let's go
Fave person- mom, of course...but whenever I ask her to say "mom" she says "dada"- she thinks it's hilarious...and she's right
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment