2014 is definitely not the year of the blog. We're 3 months into the new year and I haven't blogged since Christmas...so I'm just going to touch on some of the highlights so far.
We hosted a back-to-school pool party the end of January for Kaiya's class. We held it over the Australia Day weekend so not every kid was able to attend (but maybe that was a good thing???)- these kids were actually so well behaved- I was impressed!
We took a day trip down to Mandurah (about an hour drive south) to go crabbing (Blue Swimmer Crabs) with some friends at the Peel Inlet. The water is calm and very shallow. The process is really easy too- just wade through the water and scoop them up with the metal scoops...then plop them into the buckets floating on boogie boards you pull around with you as you "hunt" for crabs. This pic kind of gives you a better idea of what it looked like:
Photos of the crabs big enough to keep (and eat):
All cooked and ready to eat. They were yumm-o.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment