Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Bali Highlights

I scored the cheapest tickets ever to Bali during a Boxing Day sale several months ago...only $600 total for me & the 4 kids round trip! I figured it would be a nice, relaxing break over the kids school holidays and the flight is less than 4 hrs long...piece of cake. But who am I kidding?! Traveling to a foreign country by myself for 5 days with 4 kids- that's crazy! But I did it...and survived. Brian later decided to fly to Bali to join us just for the weekend so it was great to have him there for a couple days. But I still had to fly by myself. The oldest 3 did awesome- but the toddler is at the perfect age where flying is pretty much miserable. Mei, upon realizing she had to stay in a confined space, was not happy. After letting everyone else on the plane know of her unhappy state (aka crying/screaming) she conked out for a much needed nap. Thankfully she was much more content for the reminder of the flight. I'm really looking forward to the 30+ hr trip back hone this June. Mei will probably be such a joy...sigh.

Moving on...since we've done Bali before there wasn't much of a need to cram in lots of sightseeing. We did some...but we really enjoyed staying back at the resort to relax also. Here's some pics to enjoy...

Our resort in Nusa Dua- the grounds are so pretty!
At the Bali Safari & Marine Park...orangutans:
Lions:
Elephant rides:
Mei's first water slide (at our resort):
Kids enjoying the fish spa.
Pirate's Bay- Nusa Dua
Turtle Island (a tourist trap that my kids fully enjoy):
Turtle Island also has a few other animals besides turtles to look at:
And lastly, the supreme pizza I ordered at a local restaurant. Apparently a "supreme" means carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, & baby corn for veggies (but not mushrooms, olives, green peppers, onion, etc). Weird. And gross. That's what I get for ordering pizza in Bali- I should've known better.

No comments: