Monday, December 22, 2014

Great Barrier Reef

It's a 90 minute boat ride to the outer reef from Port Douglas. Our boat tour went to Opal Reef. I was worried b/c thunderstorms were in the forecast...but luckily we ended up w/perfect weather, good visibility, and a smooth boat ride. And sorry, I didn't take any photos/video of what we saw in the water...I could've brought Brian's goPro but I was worried I'd drop it or wouldn't be able to figure out how to work it, etc. But we saw lots of great stuff- coral, fish (duh), sea slugs, jelly fish, and even a shark (it was probably the size of Mina).

Our boat:
During the ride out to the reef:
Stinger season just started...so here we all are in our stinger suits...
Out of the 3 girls, Mina was always the last one out of the water.
All that swimming/snorkeling tuckered her out!
The Port Douglas marina
After we got back we went to 4 Mile Beach...which was pretty but full of mosquitos (probably b/c we were there at dusk)...we left with many, many bites.

No comments: