The past month has been packed full of trips. I think we've been gone just about every weekend this month.
Emiko had a rock climbing competition in Santa Ana. B/c I was sick, only Brian and Emi drove out to the comp. But she did great- she placed 7th in her age division!
We drove up to Long Beach for Kaiya's state championship meet- even though it was a tough meet (she had a fall on beam) she qualified for regional championships in Phoenix.
The following weekend I flew to San Francisco to meet up with some Houston friends for a girls weekend. We had a fun time exploring and playing tourist in the city.
I also managed to catch up with my San Fran cousins- I haven't seen them in 15 years! Everyone is so grown up now!
In the meantime- while I was in SF Brian drove the kids up to Utah for Spring Break. I flew from SF to Utah just in time for Brian to fly back to San Diego to work for the week (our planes probably passed each other). The girls and I had fun relaxing and the kids loved seeing their cousins. Brian flew back a few days later to help with the drive back to San Diego (meaning he drove the whole way)...but before we left we had dinner with his siblings:
Last weekend I drove the kids over to Phoenix for regional championships (Brian was on a scuba diving trip with a friend in Cancun). We arrived Friday afternoon and stopped by at the new Legoland Discovery Center (it was opening day)!
Then we walked next door and walked through the aquarium.
We live in Region 1 which is said to be the most competitive region in the USA. Kaiya competed against other girls from Utah, Arizona, Nevada, Northern CA, and Southern CA. Here she is at the end of the meet with Tony, her head coach.
Kaiya placed 6th all-around in her division. We are so proud of her! It was a great way to end the season.
And this weekend we are off to Riverside for another rock climbing competition! We are then headed to Disneyland to meet up with Brian's younger brother and his cute family. Life is busy. Life is good!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment