Monday, November 14, 2016

Random Stuff

In no particular order...

The sunsets in Saudi are not so pretty 99% of the time. The sun just kind of fades away into darkness. Last week I was driving home after dropping Mina off at soccer practice and saw the first pretty sunset I've seen since moving here. It was picture worthy- no filter needed!
Grandma and Grandpa arrived for their 3 week visit! We took them to a Saudi restaurant to taste Saudi food. Also, I could totally get used to sitting on the floor to eat dinner...but will always prefer a fork to using just my hands to eat.
Mina's primary teachers from our weekly Friday mtg came for a home visit- they are awesome.
Bowling birthday party for Mina
I helped out with Mei's class one afternoon when they were digging into pumpkins- some very generous parents donated these pumpkins- they probably had to sell off their 1st born to pay for it...we're back to paying a lot of money for these imported Halloween pumpkins!
We bought an antique Saudi door- it's now hanging on a wall where it will never be used as a door again.
Mei's class had a field trip to the camp nursery. I got to help chaperone- it was so fun watching the kids learn and help the workers propagate new plants and transplant seedlings.
Swim meet photo- never got a pic from the first meet so I had to snatch a quick one at the 2nd meet last weekend.

No comments: