Monday, May 21, 2018

Spring Break- Paris

First of all, I was a dummy and took Mei into the doctor the day before we left to have a wart frozen off. It turned into a massive blood blister that was very painful for Mei to walk on. It was the size of a blueberry (kind of looked like one too)- anyways, not a smart decision with how much walking we did over the next week. We walked slow so she could limp along...or we took turns carrying her. (She's no featherweight either!)
Despite being tired due to our red eye flight, we had a packed day- first was a food tour of the Les Halles area. Chocolate, macarons, bread, cheese...even goose pate (which Mina loved and asked for additional servings).
You'd think we were zonked after all that eating/walking...we kept on going...right over to the catacombs...which was morbid and cool.
After a good night of sleep it was off to Disneyland. Hooray! (Unfortunately, everyone else thought it'd be a good idea to visit Disney over Easter weekend...yowza!)
I kid you not, the first ride we get in line for (Tower of Terror)- and the ride breaks down right before we're meant to have a turn! Kids were not happy about the extra wait time...they're literally lying on the concrete ground in protest.
It's a small world selfie...just because.
Kaiya taking her turn carrying Mei.
And of course an Eiffel Tower selfie too...our next day in Paris was hitting some of the highlights!
These next 4 photos are so telling...each pose is so representative of their personalities.
Notre Dame cathedral
This last photo is of me while on a private running tour through the city. I told my guide I was training for a marathon and hoped to run about 13 miles...I ended up at 15. It was great though. I highly recommend running tours!
And that is Paris in a nutshell- now off to Italy!

No comments: