Saturday, August 13, 2011

Our New Home

About a month before our trip to America we thought, "hey maybe we should buy a townhouse in Utah." And thus, the search began. Brian's really great friend from high school is a real estate agent & we got lots of help from him. Brian's parents and my brother also helped with the search. We wanted something fairly new & move-in ready, close to family, at least 3 bedrooms with a community pool, fitness room, & clubhouse, and yard maintenance.

It was kind of a whirlwind of a month- but I can't believe how smoothly the process went once we found our house. We closed on the house just in time for our arrival! After a few days of furniture buying and unpacking (my brother kindly flew to Houston and drove back with a truckload of stuff from storage)...we were able to stay in our house for the remainder of our trip. Can you believe we bought a house without seeing it first?! Yeah, we're big risk takers...but it worked out and we love this charming little townhouse!

Family room.

Kitchen/dining area.

Basement (I own a basement again!!!)

Another shot of the family room in the basement.

Girls room.

Yeah, it's still a little plain and could use some decorating (perhaps our next visit?)...anyways, we have chosen NOT to rent it out so that we can stay in it whenever we visit Utah. That being said, we welcome and family and friends to stay there whenever you visit/vacation in Utah! I'm serious, please stay here- we won't charge you. Email us if you ever need a place to stay.

2 comments:

Katie Wells said...

I'm glad that it all worked out for you! We want to try to visit Utah during our next trip to the States (whenever that is) so maybe we'll have to take you up on your offer to stay in your new pad! :)

Nannette said...

Wow, that is really nice. I think I need to make up a reason just to visit it, but I know that I will NEVER get Joe to consent to drive up there;) The furniture you picked out is really nice too, was it so much easier than shopping for furniture in Australia?