I took Mina to Melbourne last weekend to see The Lion King on broadway (since it wasn't making a tour stop in Perth). The first night was spent getting a mani/pedi, eating Haigh's Chocolates (which you can't buy in Perth...or outside of Australia for that matter), and buying yummy Zumbarons (macarons from Adriano Zumbo's Patisserie). Good start to our weekend, I'd say.
The next day we went to the performance...loved it!
The next day we went to the SeaLife Aquarium
Sunday night we left back for home...only to have our flight unexpectedly diverted to Adelaide. Whilst still in the air we were told there was a technical issue- an "electrical smell" and "unusual odor"- anyways, after an uneventful emergency landing we were greeted with fire trucks, police, and news reporters. After 3 hrs of waiting around, an engineer decided we wouldn't be able to continue on with the flight. So off we went with a hotel voucher to stay overnight. I have to say Mina was such a trooper during this whole ordeal.
Our recovery flight was scheduled for Monday night so we had an entire day to spend exploring Adelaide. We went to the zoo...then after eating Haigh's chocolates all weekend we discovered that Haigh's originally started in Adelaide and they offer free tours/chocolate at their factory (so we had to go & eat more chocolate)...then the rest of the afternoon was spent at the South Australian Museum.
So, I can now say I've been to all 6 states in Australia: Queensland, Victoria, New South Wales, Tasmania, South Australia, and of course Western Australia. Thanks to Brian for holding down the fort an extra day. I'm glad I got to have some precious one-on-one time with Mina.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment