Sunday, October 23, 2016

Journey to the Armpit of Saudi

Earlier this month Brian took Mina and Kaiya on a 2 hr drive to the middle of nowhere with a few other families from our fellowship group. I stayed home with Mei and Emiko. Mei had a fancy, dress-up birthday party to attend (see...she really does have more social engagements than I do) and Emiko didn't want to miss her basketball clinic. Here are some pics that Brian took...with my commentary...

Caves in Al Hasa. Kaiya is with her friend, Emily. They're twinning it today...totally unplanned! Just kidding- they're wearing their abayas.
They also went to a camel farm where they got to pet the camels...
...and feed the camels
And then Mickey Mouse showed up...say what?! Totally random and crazy. I just find myself wondering who at the camel farm came up with that idea- it's so bizarre that it's almost genius.
Brian took like 20 camel selfies- these are my 2 faves. And I'm super impressed the camel didn't get annoyed and spit on Brian...it would've made for a super awesome selfie though.
My last thought is this- these camels are tan! In the zoo...or even the one's we rode in Australia were more of a tan, desert sand color. These bad boys were a dark, chocolatey brown. Yummm, chocolate. Must go eat some now...

No comments: