Monday, October 24, 2016

This is Another Post Where I Ramble...but with Photos!

This is another post where I ramble...but with photos!

Have I mentioned that there are really only like 5-6 different kind of housing options on camp? We ended up with a 3 bd townhome...not our choice...our housing was assigned! So a lot of families live in the same house plan as us. This is the front room. I've seen it used as a dining room, office, toy room, music room, etc. We put our piano along one wall and as of last week we now have a desk along the other wall. It's actually kitchen cabinets from IKEA and the kids are sitting on counter height stools. And while I'm happy with the end result the delivery was a mess. The name of our street is also the name of a city 2 hrs away. The cabinets had to be delivered from the Jeddah store and the delivery company COULD NOT find our house...b/c they were in the city 2 hrs away! Anyways, half of our order made it eventually...the other half somehow ended up at the local IKEA (which then Brian picked up). This is random but see that light fixture in the top of the photo? It is an awkwardly place fixture that hangs down from the ceiling and Brian manages to bump his head on it on a weekly basis. He hates this light fixture. He also hates the dishwasher when it's been left opened. He runs into that on a weekly basis too.
Yep, we are still that weird family that celebrates half bdays! Kaiya turned 13.5 last week! Tomorrow is Emiko's half bday. I love that their half bdays are close enough together that I can make one cake, cut it in half, use half immediately for Kaiya, and save half in the freezer for Emi. Also, Kaiya matches her cake.
I'm a total fan of the GK Elite brand of leotards...I bought this used on Ebay and it's lasted through all 4 girls. Win! Also, if any of Kaiya's past coaches/teammates were to see what gymnastics looks like over here they would go home depressed.
My younger kids are required (by me) to have their hair pulled up for school every day. It's my main lice prevention tactic. Ok, it's my only tactic... Anyhow, Mei has been requesting these really outlandish hairdos- and sometimes I'm not willing to fight the battle. Ponytails AND braids? Okie dokie. Luckily her teacher thinks it's great and amusing.
Mina turned 8 last Thursday. As we were waiting for Brian to find matches she told me "look mom, I can touch my chin with my tongue"- as a mother, I couldn't be more proud.
Mei- working on her Harry Potter scar (she ran into a tree).
Mei in a sombrero. That hat provided many minutes of entertainment at the restaurant we ate at last Saturday. Also, when the waiter brought out cake to celebrate Mina's birthday I was under the assumption the cake would be a free birthday treat. That was a false assumption.
I finally figured out that you do not want to buy the normal green beans at the comm...no matter how you cook them it's too chewy/stringy. Buy the "fine" green beans- they're skinnier and cook up so much better. And holy moly, this green bean took steroids- have you ever seen a green bean that long before?! This bad boy was easily double in length compared to his friends. Also, I don't know if beans have a gender???
That's it for now...Mei is trying to cook ramen by herself so I best go.

1 comment:

Nannette said...

We've had full on fights that needed resolving at counseling over leaving the dishwasher open. I'm now so afraid of the repercussions that if I step away for more than 10 seconds, I close it. It can be damaging to a marriage....