Wednesday, March 29, 2017

March On...

Today is a rush job where I have 15 minute to vomit out March happenings before leaving for the airport...here we go!

First photo of Brian post-surgery. We brought a blanket to the park behind our house and enjoyed a nice spring morning. Oscar does pretty good selfies, right?!
Painted the door leading to the garage...it's now one big chalkboard...and hides the black scuff marks from the kids kicking the door with their shoes.
Stake conference in Bahrain. Emi is missing (of course) but I pretty much have Emily over at our house all the time so she's kind of our adopted daughter! These girls got to shake Elder Oaks hand...except Mei...she refused to shake.
After waiting 9 months, I finally was able to get one kid into piano lessons. Still on a wait list for the other 2 kids.
Beach day at Half Moon Bay. We took the paddleboard out for the first time. And...we saw a whole pod of dolphins. It was amazing- b/c dolphins are cool. Especially baby dolphins. If only we could've managed to get good photos of the dolphins--but me on a paddleboard with an iPhone is not a good idea.
Riding the shopper bus to Tamimi to grocery shop. Finds of the day included seedless strawberry jam, Crisco sticks, and bagels discounted to 1 SAR each. I took a photo of Mei eating her treat and realized afterwards the whole group of women employees dressed in their abayas & hijabs...totally normal here but thought those back home would appreciate this photo.
A bad storm rolled through and the tree next to our house fell down- luckily no damage to anything or anyone...well, except the tree.
It was extremely dusty the next day still and the air quality was less than ideal. Emi and her friend were determined to play outside so they found some masks to wear. Tood funny.
Last Thursday Kaiya left for 15 days to go to Zululand for a school trip. She's having a great time. And I'm trying not to miss her. (I'm failing.)
Pretty impressive group of kids dressed in their matching Zululand shirts about to spend the day volunteering at a school.
Sushi festival with friends.
Brian decided being a dog groomer could be his 2nd career. I think he should keep his day job. I really hope that hair goes back quickly.
And after Brian shaved off all that hair, Oscar barked all night b/c he was cold. So Brian bought him a sweater, which is actually a vast improvement.
Seriously, a hedgehog at the park 2 days ago. Saudi Arabia, you surprise me...
Beach day at Ras Tanura...I love spring break and beach days.
Ok. That's it. Off to Egypt for a week!

No comments: