Friday, January 29, 2010

Survived!

My children are amazing. They were awesome on all 3 flights. I mean, obviously they weren't always perfect...but hello, they are kids after all. There were times I found myself following Mina up and down the aisles over & over again...and then having to tell Emi that she was being too loud...and Kaiya spilling orange juice all over before even taking off. We got several comments from other passengers about how well-behaved our kids were on the plane- so I think overall the kids did great.

Nevertheless, we are so tired after 30 hrs off traveling. (At one point Mina refused to sleep in her carseat...so we shared my seat...which meant I was repeatedly kicked/kneed in the face, head, and shoulders- fun stuff). So even though I'm sure I could blog a lot more stories about our travels...I'm too tired. But what matters is we survived and so far, Perth is beautiful!

11 comments:

Katie Wells said...

Oh wow, brings back memories! I'm glad that the flights weren't too bad. Hopefully you get used to the time difference.

By the way, have I given you my phone numbers yet? If not, email me.

andrew and brittani said...

Glad you made it there safe!

Unknown said...

haha, you should try typing like you get an aussie accent to make the blog more legit

Steve and Jen said...

Yea! Glad you are there and can find your groove! Looking forward to hearing about all your fun experiences there!

Carrie Lommasson said...

I'm so glad you survived the transport. I can't wait to hear about all of your exciting adventures over there. Good luck and have fun!

Nannette said...

Yaa, I'm glad the girls were good, and that you survived the flights. I guess that means the hard part is over ;) Good luck, I can't wait to hear all the fun things you get to do and to see some pics of kangaroos!

Unknown said...

Glad you made it safely! And I'm sure your girls were awesome. Now you can be excited, now that the flights are finished. Good luck!

Proctor family said...

I can't believe you guys are in australia that is crazy! but, fun my aunt and uncle live in adelaide I think. some day I would love to come and see them. they say you need a month to see everything I don't think I could pull that off lol.

BonnieKaye said...

Looking forward to hearing about your adventures.

Elder Edward & Sister Mayumi Lee said...

Sounds like the kids behaved just like you and your siblings did when you were young on our trips. Good behavior breeds good behavior.

Brigette Little said...

Hooray! Glad the trip went well. Look forward to hearing more!