We, the Dibb family, have a family mascot. A what?! A family mascot...it's the saltwater crocodile. (We voted on it during Family Home Evening...Emiko was really hoping we'd become the Dibb Unicorns but luckily she was out-voted.) And every August 8th we celebrate the crocodile. Why August 8th? B/c it's easy to remember (the 8th day of the 8th month) and there's no good holidays in August anyways.
Soo....Happy Crocodile Day everyone!
Here's the crocodile cupcake cake Kayla and I made. Isn't it totally awesome?!

It was awesome having Kayla here to help decorate. Brian helped blow up almost all of the 25 green balloons I bought...and probably lost a few brain cells from the loss of oxygen.

Here's a picture of the fish pinata we bought...crocodiles eat fish...the kids loved being "crocodiles" and beating the crap out of the fish pinata. Yup, we're good parents.

Emiko finding some presents the saltwater crocodile left behind.

Mina practicing her multi-tasking skills- ripping the streamers while scooting along on her new ride-on toy.

We let kids eat the cupcakes for breakfast...b/c we're cool like that. And they ate more cupcakes for lunch AND dinner. Awesome. Kayla consumed 5 cupcakes today (I think she's a fan of Saltwater Croc Day...she is a Dibb after all.)

7 comments:
You seriously have too much free time on your hands? Can I ship a child out to you?
I really like the crocodile cake, what kind of cookies are those?
Love it! Looks like so much fun. We have Happy Harvey day which is the day we got engaged. We definitely need to come up with a family mascot.
This is hilarious Kim. Do you mind if I link up to it sometime? :)
You are too funny! What a great idea. We have "tea parties" and "birthday parties" to celebrate all sorts of random things like the birthdays of dollies, stuffed animals, to honor princesses, etc. during these months that are oh so lacking in holidays! Hooray for our own holidays and celebrations.
Oh, and hooray for cupcakes for every meal! (We do the same thing after our celebrations. Glad to know I'm not the only one!)
So So So Cute Kim!
So creative and nothing but fun! Bet the girls loved it!
Post a Comment