Sunday, August 1, 2010

Snake Farm

Edit: I think the pics are loaded properly now!

We visited a snake farm in Phuket. A crazy experience...

See how this cobra is poised to strike? And yet this worker isn't even looking at him. I was taking this picture as Emi decided to try and walk into the enclosure with him. Luckily I'm female and can multitask...so I yelled at her to get back and snapped this pic at the same time.

Watching a snake show- this guy was provoking these cobras to strike at him. I can't believe I was sitting only 2 meters away from these snakes (the laws here are a little, um, non-existent). The emcee kept yelling "you get bit, you die in 10-15 minutes." Lovely.

Petting a cobra...yup, we're crazy like that.

This lady has a poisonous mango snake in her mouth! Psycho! So, yeah of course we needed a picture.

Other than telling the kids NOT poke their fingers into the cages of poisonous snakes and noticing none of the cages had locks, we had great time...a scary time too but mostly great.

4 comments:

Brigette Little said...

The pics are not coming up for me on this post. I can see your pictures from your other posts, though. Sounds like an awesome adventure! My boys would love something like that!

Elder Edward & Sister Mayumi Lee said...

I think the picture thing is happening to everyone. Photos probably didn't get loaded exactly right. When Kim wakes up and realizes the problem, she'll get it corrected. I am looking forward to seeing the photo of Emi's near encounter with the cobra.

andrew and brittani said...

You fixed it. Glad the cobra didn't bite you--but 10-15 minutes is a quick death. You wouldn't have had to suffer long.

Brigette Little said...

Crazy!Those pictures are amazing!