Wednesday, January 30, 2013

6.75 Months!

I was meaning to do a 6 month post but that came and went 3 weeks ago. Whoops.

At her 6 month check she weighed in at 7.7 kgs (about 17 pounds). My first two kids didn't weigh that much at their 1 year birthday...so Mei's definitely our chunky baby. She's my first baby to take 3 naps a day...usually the last nap of the day is a quick 30 min snooze (very nice b/c it's usually when I'm preparing dinner). She's usually in bed around 6:30 and sleeps through the night...waking at 5:30-6:00 am (I blame the lack of daylight savings for her early wake up time but I don't complain b/c she's sleeping 11 hours straight)! Her favorite toy is the exersaucer. She loves music and loves when one of us dances whilst holding her. Unfortunately, her favorite song is Gangnam Style. We are currently trying to change that. She is an easy, happy baby that thrives on routine & structure. She is content to just lay on the floor and let her sisters entertain her. She loves rolling on to her tummy but still has yet to figure out she can roll back on to her back. Apparently, tummy time is in vogue...she has no desire to roll the other way. I seriously think she might master sitting before rolling tummy to back. She's doing pretty good at the sitting thing. Separation anxiety is in full force (the earliest out of all my girls)- I'm definitely her favorite person in the whole world. It's nice to be loved & see her bouncing up and down w/excitement when she see's me walk into the room...especially when my other kids grumble or don't bother acknowledging me at all. Anyways, I could go on and on about Mei- we just love her to pieces. Here's some pics of her taken in January:

Mei's first swim in our pool.
This floaty is called "little nippas"- sometimes I still don't get Aussie slang.
I had to take a picture of my favorite fat roll (on her thigh)- it looks like a pair of bum cheeks...
My future cougar!
She's still working on catching up to her sisters in the hair department. She's got enough for one small curl up at the top now- baby steps, baby steps...
Mei's also still working on getting food into her mouth instead of giving herself oatmeal facials.
Random story:
Today Kaiya was entertaining Mei in the car. She said "Mom, Mei's dimple is so cute. When did she get it?" I answered "honey, she's had it since birth." Kaiya's response: "Oh." It took her almost 7 months to realize her sister has a dimple. Her powers of observation are astounding I tell you...

6 comments:

Joe said...

She really is so cute. Adam never learned to roll until after he learned to crawl, but he did sit up real early like 4 months. Babies do things at their own pace.

Joe said...

Oops that was Nannette, Joe is logged in on this computer I guess.

andrew and brittani said...

loving the little nippas pic

Marsa said...

hahaha she is one stylin baby!
and i love that fat roll. i hope its still there when we come this summer! or winter for you guys i guess

Katie Wells said...

Ok that fat roll is hilarious. Too cute!

Julia said...

I love that roll! Nora did threw same thing with rolling. She finally mastered rolling to her back! Still can't sit up on her own all the way yet :). I love how unobservant kids are!!!