Monday, November 17, 2014

October/November Catch Up

The big Oct/Nov catch up...I forgot a few pics to include for October so I'm including them in this post too.

Mei using my backside as a comfy seat to watch TV.
Our Halloween pumpkins this year. Surprisingly, pumpkins were much cheaper this year- only about $10 per pumpkin. Too bad our pumpkin carving knife broke- it was a cheap Walmart purchase so I can't complain...but since they don't sell carving kits here we couldn't really do any fancy pumpkin carving this year. Oh well.
Mei wore this go-go girl outfit Halloween Day. So cute.
Mei in heels...my heels.
Surf lessons started up again.
I taught a canning class for a RS activity...only 5 came. That should show you how small our ward is.
Surf practice in the pool!
A trip to the dentist for Emi to have a cap replaced.
Hike at Lesmurdie Falls
A 30 ton, dead humpback whale washed ashore at the beach closest to our house. It took them a couple days to remove the carcass. I surprised the girls by taking them out of school for an hour to go see it. Emi's reaction: "Mom, it smells but this is much better than when you surprised us with flu shots!"
While the other 3 girls were watching the dead whale, Mei was crying hysterically "I don't like this...let's go home." She's scared of big diggers and loud noises.
Annual pie party to get excited about Thanksgiving.
Love this girl and her cute personality. She just recently started a toddler gym class and loves it.
Mei also started preschool last week. She wasn't supposed to start until Jan but an opening came up. B/c she's my most clingy/apprehensive child I decided to put her in so that she could start now to get used to going to school. So far it's been lots of tears and only attending for half of the time but she's doing a good job being brave.
Beautiful spring weather this past weekend...went for a walk along the beach and then had a play on the sand.

No comments: