Because 2 flights the day before wasn't enough...we scheduled a scenic flight to see the glaciers. There are many guided glacier tours for ages 5+. You can also hike to the terminal face of some glaciers but the hike can get long for little kids and even then we've been told the glacier is pretty far away (you aren't allowed to walk on the actual glacier for safety reasons unless you're on a guided tour). So we took the lazy (really expensive) option so we could get up close.
Squished into a tiny 8-seater plane. We had 2 Asian tourists with us. At first we thought they were a couple...but they never said a word to each other the whole time so maybe they weren't together?! I'm still curious about it. (Brian has since read my post and wants to point out that he noticed they paid separately for their flight. All this proves is that Brian and I obsess way too much about things that don't really matter.)
Funny story: This guy looked like this the entire flight. At first I thought he had fallen asleep (total waste of money) but then I realized he was probably sick. Either way, the lady next to him ignored him...thus continuing my curiosity about their status as a couple.
Beautiful Lake Tekapo. It's a glacier lake- the minerals in the glacier water is what makes the lake a vibrant, blue color (like toilet bowl cleaner- seriously).
Just to give you some perspective- Lake Tekapo on the bottom left and a fresh water lake above it- see the difference in color?
A plethora of mountain/glacier photos starts now...
Yeah, so once you've seen one glacier you've seen them all- all that ice gets confusing. I'm thinking this is Tasman Glacier though.
Mount Cook- tallest mountain in NZ
Franz Joseph Glacier- maybe???
Fox Glacier- maybe???
Happy family at the end of our 45 minute flight- standing in front of our plane. I don't know why I'm hunched over like that- I look like a midget standing next to Brian. That is all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


















1 comment:
Those inscrutable Asians. It's hard to figure them out.
Post a Comment