Tuesday, November 17, 2015

7 Years Old

Mina turned 7 last month! A long time ago, the girls had checked out a book at the library about cake decorating...it was one of their all-time favorite books and they loved looking at all the different cakes that I finally bought a similar book. They still enjoy looking through the book at all the different kinds of birthday cakes. Unfortunately, it also meant that Mina had her eye on this cake for almost an entire year. She really, really, really wanted me to make this cake for her b-day. I'm no cake decorator. But with Kaiya's help we managed to put something acceptable together. For perspective, the picture of her desired cake on the left...and ours on the right. (Also, what kid wants a haunted castle for their birthday cake?! My child, apparently.)
It wasn't a friend party year for her but there's always a handful of neighborhood kids that play in the cul-de-sac...so we invited them in for cake and ice cream. I'm glad we were able to celebrate our sassy, strong-willed, independent, defiant but lovable, cheeky Mina. Everyone needs a Mina in their life!

No comments: