Sunday, September 5, 2010

Father's Day


The 1st Sunday in September is Father's Day in Australia. We thought we'd celebrate since we like Brian pretty well. The girls surprised him with breakfast in bed...and then we opened presents in bed too. See the brand new iPad? Yup, Brian is one happy guy today. The first thing he did once the iPad was charged? He watched the BYU football game...(thank you Slingbox)!

Later in the afternoon we met up at the beach with 3 families from church for a Father's Day BBQ. There is nothing better than meeting up with friends and happy kids playing in the sand.

Then at night the iPad was pulled back out for some movie watching...what a nice day it was.

On a more serious note, I will say that we are so blessed to have Brian in our lives. He is a wonderful, doting father. When we were newly married I remember being frustrated over his inability to decide on a career. I asked him "well, what do you want to be when you grow up?!" His response? "I just want to be a dad." And that is why I love Brian. He's got his priorities straight.

Happy Father's Day everyone.

4 comments:

Dale and Linda Dibb said...

Happy Father's Day, Brian. Sorry we didn't know sooner. You are a special Dad. We're so happy to have you as a son. Cool new ipad. Love reading about your adventures in Australia. Love you all.

Ann Mitchell said...

Is there a second Mother's Day? Check out my blog for pictures from the BYU game!

http://missmitchellsfabulousfifthgrade.blogspot.com

Nannette said...

We like Brian too, and miss him. I am totally jealous of the ipad, people at gymnastics have one and it keeps many kids entertained for long periods of time.

Steve and Jen said...

So does that mean you get more gifts in June when the typical American celebrates? :-)
Sounds like a great day!
We love you Brian!
The Williams