Have you ever been so angry, you were calm? Yesterday that was me.
Emiko decided to paint her finger/toenails all by herself and dripped nail polish all over the carpet (if anyone knows how to get it out, let me know). But that's not that bad. What's bad is a 4 1/2 yr old thinking that playing in the 30-quart sugar bin is a mom-approved activity.
...easily about 5 lbs. worth of sugar scattered throughout my entire storage room...
And then she tried to wash off sugar off her face, hair, hands, feet in the bathroom. But really, it was a mediocre cleaning job at best & a sugary water mixture ended up being tracked over the entire house. I realize you're probably wondering why I didn't notice what was going on. Well that's b/c 4 1/2 yr olds know when they need to be quiet in order to avoid suspicion.
I was mad. I was so mad that I didn't need to act mad to let Emi know I was mad...and she cried. And then I taught her how to vacuum and mop the floors- which she thought was fun so maybe I'll let her do it on a weekly basis (b/c I'm cool like that).
And then Mina decided she was feeling left out...so she found my 30-quart flour bin.
And I stayed calm.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Oh, Kim. I'm so sorry. Those are the most difficult moments...way to hold your cool and not explode. I'm very impressed.
Give our love to the naughties!
I can see why you would be so mad at this, but I'm still laughing about it. I guess that give you permission to laugh at me when the tables are turned one day.
Oh Kim I want to cry for you! Seriously. But great job keeping your cool. You truly deserve an award.
And you didn't take pictures????
I want to know if the flour part is real??
Sugar on the floor takes multiple mops to clean up...across the house arghh! I'm sorry. I don't know about the nail polish, so far I haven't had to deal with that (but even you wouldn't be able to reach my nail polish ;)
Here is a link to tips on removing nail polish.
http://www.creativehomemaking.com/cleaning/removing-nail-polish-carpet.shtml
Post a Comment