During the school holiday break (Spring break) we traveled to Margaret River for 4 days. It's a 3 hr. drive south. We stayed at the Sunflowers Farm Stay. It was one step above camping, really...but the girls loved it. They took their farming "duties" very seriously. We fed the animals twice a day, collected chicken eggs, cuddled with the animals, bottle fed baby goats, and exercised the pony (pony rides).
Mina rocks the headphones (watching Barbie in the car on our way to the farm).

Whenever the girls had a free moment, they went to cuddle the baby chicks. Kaiya ALMOST convinced Brian to bring home a chicken...

Emi giggled with happiness every morning when it was her turn for a pony ride.

I swear we fed Mina during our trip...but she liked pulling bread out of her feed bucket (meant for the animals) and snacking on it. (Isn't that baby bunny in the background so tiny & cute?!)

Feeding the pigs- we noticed the pigs ate anything/everything you gave them.

Mina took feeding time very seriously and wouldn't let anyone carry her feed buckets.

One day during our stay the farmer took us for a tractor ride along his property. The girls claimed a padded seat while Brian and I sat on wooden benches- go figure.

Halfway through the tractor ride we stopped by a creek and roasted marshmallows!

We went to Eagles Heritage, a bird preserve. We took a 45 min. walk to through the woods to see various enclosures full of native birds. The girls found this cool, hollowed-out tree to sneak into.

During the bird show, the girls got to hold a hawk.


There isn't a church in Margaret River, so on Sunday we went to a winery instead. I know, that doesn't sound right but that's what we did. Margaret River is wine country! We went to The Berry Farm b/c they also make jams & preserves...which we got to sample (since obviously we weren't sampling the wine). Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures (I think I left it at the farm).
That's all folks.

2 comments:
So does Australia have something equivalent to 4H in America? The girls should do well in that.
Its so gratifying to see your kids smile and giggle, isn't it? I love the sheer happiness in Emi's pictures with her around all of the animals.
Post a Comment