Mina did need a new pirate shirt b/c her tummy is double the size of last year (she's a good eater- what can I say). Luckily I had extra fabric! Oh, and our pirate hats didn't survive the move so I had to make new one's...but that was easy.

Here's one happy pirate.

Kaiya in front of our "boot" (Aussie for "trunk").

The missionaries put on a trunk-or-treat for our stake. The Aussie kids were excited to get their "lollies" (candy) but had no idea how to trick or treat. They would just come up to the car and stand there until I said "um, say trick or treat!" Emi had more fun helping me pass out candy this year. With only 15 cars participating there wasn't much candy to go around (but the kids didn't notice). Awesome.

Cleaning out our $26 pumpkin. Yup, that's right...$26 for one stinkin' pumpkin!

I don't know why I'm putting this pic on the blog- but I like Emiko's expression.

A short break from pumpkin carving to hug...so cute.

Our finished masterpiece...oh yeah...that is my genius design. Afterwards we had root beer floats...which you may think is no big deal- but it is. Root beer is not easily found. You have to go to an Asian grocery store and pay 1.70 per can. But I figured since we were celebrating an "American" holiday we should have "American" treats. If only they had diet root beer- then my life would be complete...

We had a total of 5 groups knock on our door last night. 5! Are you kidding me?! And 4 out of 5 were teenagers- lame!
And that was our awesome Halloween weekend.

6 comments:
Wow the Aussies really are Halloween duds!!
For $26, better think of a way to mummify that pumpkin so it can be used again next year. The girls look darling as usual in their costumes.
I love how you say you made the hats - but that was easy! Would you please bottom some of your energy and talent and ship it to Utah for me? Thanks in advance.
The girls are adorable!
I love that you were teaching the kids there to trick-or-treat. Awesome!
And the trunk or treat was during the day! Here it feels like Halloween goes on and on and on and on, I might like a little less of it, Ellie costume was trashed by the end.
So cute Kim! And I love your new fam pic!
Funny about the Root Beer! Need me to send you some root beer extract, and you can make your own? :-)
Post a Comment