Thursday, February 24, 2011

Bali

I have been chastized (or is it chastised...I'm getting my s and z's mixed up now that I live in Australia) by my mother via my father for not updating the blog. In my defense, I was home from Bali one day before leaving on a 4 day roadtrip south (blog post to follow sometime soon)...then this week has been crazy with trying to get caught up on life, sewing projects, church calling duties, and preparing for a meat canning class I taught this week for church. So I've been kind of lazy with the blogging.

No more excuses. Bali was beautiful! Even though it's rainy season it only rained once in the middle of the night. We loved spending time with our best friends from Houston, Joe & Nannette. Here's some highlights (with pictures):

Our resort in Nusa Dua:


The flesh-eating fish foot massage (quite pleasant actually):


Dining at Jimbaron Bay, right on the beach:

Shopping:

Ubud Monkey Forest:



Hindu Temples:




Rice Terrace Fields (aren't they amazing?):


An evening with sumatran elephants:




Traditional Balinese Dance/Dinner Show:


Random pics:
At the "gas station"...gas is called petrol here.

Scooter...the family car- interesting that the kids didn't need helmets but the parents always wore one.

So that's Bali in a nutshell. I can't wait to go back and take the kids next time! In fact I found cheap tickets there for next month & almost bought them...but then decided not to since we've already booked a trip to Brisbane over the Easter break. Plus, we've been meaning to visit Rottnest Island (an island 45 minute ferry ride away)- so we're headed there the end of March for 2 nights. Fun stuff, eh?!

3 comments:

Katie Wells said...

Hey Kimmy...when exactly are you going to Brisbane and what are you doing there? Maybe I could convince Andrew that we need to take a trip to Brisbane too!

Katie Wells said...

email me...

Carrie Lommasson said...

Wow, awesome trip, Kim. You really seem to be making the most of your time on that part of the world. I loved the pics at the rice fields - so cool.