Monday, February 28, 2011

Keeping Cool

Ugh...it is HOT! Apparently it's the hottest summer Perth's had in years- lucky us. Plus, it's been really humid here (it's normally dry heat)! I feel like we're back in Houston. At least we have the beach so close by- it's really the only thing you can do right now to keep cool.

I wanted to try out a different beach- Waterman's Bay- it's about a 10-15 min. drive north of our home. There's this nice little cove there with rocks on both sides so it keeps the water pretty calm.

My 2 water babes looking tough & cool (well, as tough & cool as you can look while carrying Dora boogie boards) headed out to find some waves...


Kaiya showing off her mad skills in a non-existent wave.

Mina chillin' in our Aussie camping chairs.

Um, Emiko's still working on her form. Sorry my facial expressions are a bit weird but I was trying to avoid getting kung-fu'd by Emi's legs.


Finally, Emi caught a good wave. Mina came to the water to cheer her on. Emi expressed her deep felt thanks by knocking Mina over with the boogie board. Whoops- we still need more work on her form. (These pics were taken right before Mina got plowed into.)

5 comments:

Elder Edward & Sister Mayumi Lee said...

It is mid 40's here in Highland. Sunny, beautiful day. Feels warm compared with a few days ago. Still, think Mom will want your hot weather instead.

Just wait another couple yrs, then you'll have 3 girls surfing out there.

Kelly Vowles said...

Sigh......... looks awesome..... sigh again.

Nannette said...

So cute, your little surfer girls. I loke your roxy rash guard!

Miss Lee said...

I loke it a lot too. Nice face, but I'd probably have one too if I were helping Emi.

Texas Harveys said...

So jealous! I want to go to the beach with the Dibbs. You all look like you're having so much fun!!