The Busselton Jetty finally re-opened after a major renovation. The jetty is the longest, at 2 km, in the southern hemisphere. We walked the full 2 km to the end of the jetty where the Underwater Observatory is. The observatory descends 8 meters below the water so you can see the fish/coral without having to get wet! Now that's my kind of scuba diving...

The pictures taken through the glass aren't the greatest but the coral/plant life was really pretty. Did you know it took over 70 years for the coral to colonize on the jetty? (There's your bit of useless trivia for the day.)

Someone didn't want to get her picture taken...I took it anyway...b/c I'm mean like that.

At the end of the jetty looking back towards the shore. I'm proud to say that I carried Mina the entire 2 km walk back b/c she refused to walk. My arms got pretty sore though...

Quick snack break before the long walk back to shore.

Grandpa and Kaiya balancing on the train tracks. These tracks spanned the entire length of the jetty. I was hoping a train would come along so we could avoid the walk but no such luck!

Of course we went to the beach. This particular one is Meelup Beach. Who's that hot guy in a skin-tight rash guard???

Emi had to assume a sumo squat position for this picture...she is 1/4 Japanese so I guess it makes sense.

One of my fave pics of Brian and Emi in the water.

So we also visited the famous Cape Leeuwin Lighthouse in Augusta.
Um, not sure exactly why this was at the lighthouse- but the girls sure enjoyed playing with the cow while waiting for the lighthouse tour to start.

Me & Mina in front of the lighthouse.

Emiko's unsuccessful attempt to position her hand in a way that makes it look like she's holding the lighthouse. Oh well. Can you tell it was really windy out there?!

The lighthouse is also the place where the Southern Ocean and Indian Ocean meet...how cool is that?!

When I look at this picture of Kaiya I think wow, that girl has some buff arms...wish my arms were that defined...

The view from the top of the lighthouse- the buildings below were the cottages the keeper's and their families lived in.

Another view from the lighthouse...poor Emi's hair was all over the place with all the wind!

Descending the stairs of the lighthouse.

Finally, the view of the lighthouse from a distance.

So that was our fun weekend down south. The girls also went with grandma and grandpa to Ngilgi Cave in Yallingup but since I stayed behind with Mina so she could nap I didn't get any pictures. The girls loved the cave and all of the "crystals" inside it. I'm just amazed at how beautiful this country is- we are so lucky to be Australia experiencing it all!

4 comments:
Looks like a fun weekend trip...And that cow is so random and funny.
I saw Linda and Dale in a picture! Nice to know they are really there! How fun!
Brian, do you ever have to work? I'm jealous.
They key is to work hard AND play hard.
Post a Comment