Sunday, September 4, 2011

Random Thoughts


First, Brian found this in our backyard. It's an Australian Redback Spider. Poisonous. Potentially deadly. Freaky! And unfortunately, quite common. It's not the first we've found and I'm positive it's not the last. Just thought my American readers would like a picture...I'm doing my part to help you all experience something new today.

Second, during a play date last week I overheard Emiko telling her friend "My mom is a REAL queen. Serious. She really is." Her friend was really impressed.

Third, I've kept busy doing some sewing over the past few weeks. I posted pics on my craft blog HERE. Right now I'm in the middle of making Halloween costumes. Emiko has wanted to be Cleopatra since she watched Scooby Doo in Where's My Mummy. Of course Kaiya wanted to be the same thing...so for simplicity sake I'm forcing Mina to also be Cleopatra since she's still too young to care. I'm at the point in my sewing where I'm questioning my sanity. Why am I making 3 costumes they'll wear only once in a country that doesn't really celebrate Halloween?! Ugh...

Fourth, I am currently listening to Kaiya read her scriptures aloud while Emiko is chatting up Brian about nothing in particular (yet it is of great importance to her- I don't think she realizes that Brian is also playing Angry Birds on the iPad) and Mina is reading/babbling through a dinosaur book backwards (she is totally half-Asian!) I love lazy Sunday evenings.

2 comments:

Elder Edward & Sister Mayumi Lee said...

The photos of the girls in their costumes will be memory keepsakes. That will make it all worthwhile for sewing those wear once clothes.

Carrie Lommasson said...

Yikes, I hope I don't run into any of those when I'm there, but at least I know what to look out for now. I'm sad it won't work out for you to come too when I'm there. That would've been fun to see you again.