1) A friend invited me to an aboriginal art show. It was great to have a crash course in aboriginal art- Brian and I talked about how it would be great to buy a piece to remember our time in Australia...so we did. It's called "Bush Leaf Medicine."


2) Strawberry picking...need I say more?


Dibb-let bum shot.

3) Kaiya's half-birthday celebration.

4) Mina's birthday. She's feigning tiredness today- the faker.

Mina saying "I turn 3 today"- we'll keep working on our numbers...

Someone's excited about cake!

Brian spent part of last week in Beijing for work. I caught this pic of Mina while she was on the phone with Brian- isn't she hysterical?!

6) Emiko's half-birthday celebration...the momumental 5.5.

7) CHOGM (Commonwealth Heads of Gov't Meeting) happened to be in Perth this year. Apparently it's a big deal. The Queen came. Western Australia chose to celebrate the Queen's b-day later than usual to coincide with CHOGM. I don't know why I'm telling you this...basically it means that last Friday was a holiday and Brian didn't have work. So we went to see the Pinnacles at Nambung National Park (about 2 hrs drive north). The kids didn't understand why we wanted to take them to see rocks...but they sure understood when we got there. Climbing all over the rocks is kid heaven.








Was it cool seeing lots of different rocks poking out of the sand? YES. Will we go there again? PROBABLY NOT.

No comments:
Post a Comment