Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween

In addition to killing myself making 3 Cleopatra costumes this past month, I ended up being the committee chair for the American Women's Club (AWC) Halloween party this year. I'm not sure how this happened b/c I never officially volunteered for the position...anyways, it turned out great. And I kinda liked spending someone else's money. We had face painting, a bouncy castle, pinatas, and the perfect venue with a fully fenced outdoor playground. The kids really enjoyed it. I'm really glad it's done.

Kaiya with her friend.

Mina in her "model" pose.

Emiko.

Kaiya and Emi after face painting.

The ward had a trunk-or-treat on the same day as the AWC party. Since I was so busy with the AWC party and didn't take any pics of all 3 girls together I was determined to do it at the trunk-or-treat. Here is the only pic with all 3 looking in the same direction...headbands, wrist cuffs, capes and all:

Group shot. Our ward has more kids than this but most Aussie's despise Halloween and refuse to celebrate it. We managed to fill just one tiny row of cars in the parking lot. (I really liked Mina's Egyptian pose in this picture.)

Pretty much the only picture of me taken this day- it at least proves I was there.

These 2 gals babysit quite often for us. Mina loves them both!

Since Halloween was on a Monday, we invited the missionaries over for FHE. I put them to work carving our pumpkins...then we had soup & rolls for dinner despite the really warm day (there's something odd about celebrating Halloween on a warm spring day)...and pumpkin pie squares for dessert. Yes, I opened up one of my highly prized cans of pumpkin (you can't buy canned pumpkin here) I bought in America.


After the missionaries left I realized we had forgotten to take pics with our jack-o-lanterns. BTW, I should mention I bought these pumpkins on sale for $18 and $20 which is cheaper than I paid last year!

Dibb silly shot.

On a completely unrelated note, I am wearing shorts today for the first time- summer is finally coming!

On another completely unrelated note...big, hairy moths have been invading my house. I realize they're harmless but anything 2 inches big is still scary...especially when they fly around like they're high on drugs. I killed one today. When I squished it with my shoe it made a popping noise (like when you throw those pop-its on the ground that you get for 4th of July). Weird. And gross.

3 comments:

andrew and brittani said...

you always make the cutest costumes

Sylvia said...

Amazing costumes, Kim!! You really outdid even yourself! They are beautiful and the girls look absolutely adorable!! way to go!!

Steve and Jen said...

As always! Darling costumes! Looks like you all enjoyed the crazy holiday!