Saturday, October 8, 2011

School Break

The girls get a one week break at the end of each school term. We did a lot of things (and I managed to forget my camera for most of it- sigh) this week together. Playdates, haircuts, strawberries, gymnastics, family portraits, Smurf movie, dinner w/the missionaries (all 6 assigned to our ward), and the Perth Royal Show...and the kids are still going strong...I'm pretty tuckered out.

Surprisingly, Mina was amazingly still during her haircut!

We drove out to the u-pick strawberry farm just to find out they had no strawberries left to pick b/c of too many people visiting the farm over the school holidays- LAME! However, I was able to buy a box of seconds and I put the girls to work making strawberry jam. Emiko washed the berries, Kaiya de-stemmed the berries, and Mina ate the berries. It was a good system.

And that's pretty much all of the pics I got this week. I resolve to be better next time!

1 comment:

Suzanne Earl said...

I like Mina's role in the system :) I would pick that one too! Too bad they didn't get to pick the berries, but it looks like they had a ton of fun anyway!! Miss you guys!