Friday, December 16, 2011

Medical Leave

I'm playing the role of single mom right now. Brian is on medical leave in Utah right now for dental surgery. It seems weird to travel all that way but after pricing it all out it ends up saving us a few thousand bucks to do it in the states (as opposed to here in Perth)...even with travel fees.

He's only gone 1 week but 2 days are spent traveling each way. So he's basically only there 3 full days. 1 day to recover from jet lag (which doesn't really happen in 1 day), 1 day for surgery, and 1 day to recover from surgery and ensure there's no complications.

Sorry if you didn't get to visit with him but it's obviously a whirlwind trip. I am glad he got to squeeze in a dinner with his siblings and my family...and I'm thankful the surgery went well. We are missing him here and can't wait to see him on Sunday night.

1 comment:

Nannette said...

This is not the Dibb's year for dental work is it? What is he getting done? Is insurance paying for the medical treatment at least?