1) Are we the only family left in the world that doesn't do the Elf on a Shelf?
2) My kids have been abnormally good this year...I've not had to threaten them once about calling Santa.
3) Our Christmas break is 5 weeks long so I've been looking for ways to keep the kids from dying of boredom. I signed them up for several holiday programs in the community. So far they've gone to a kids cooking class and made candy cane cookies, muffins, fruit mince tarts, lemon tarts, and a Christmas cake. Kaiya went with a friend and painted pottery earlier this week. Next week they are attending a holiday gym program (gymnastics mixed with art/craft activities) and a kid's art class. In January it's swimming lessons in the ocean. I'm really grateful that Perth has so many wonderful programs for kids during the school holidays.
4) My kids haven't asked for a single thing for Christmas. Don't get me wrong- they are excited about Christmas. They are just abnormal I tell you.
5) I have zero Christmas spirit this year. It's the blasted sunny weather...messes with your head. I took the kids to IKEA b/c they advertised having a snow machine. It was a fake snow machine (bubbles disguised to look like snow). It was lame.
6) I will end on a positive note. Brian's parents are serving mission in Bolivia. Every year we do Sub for Santa and decided this year to donate funds to help out the church members in Bolivia. See the link HERE.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
We don't do elf on the shelf. That's just one more thing. My kids have been worse this year, especially the 3 year old one. My kids don't know what they want for Christmas either, I think it has something to do with them already having everything...oh except a dog, did I tell you we're getting one? Bolivia sounds fun, we are doing something different but along the same lines as we usually do for our sub for santa.
1) Nope. Never done it.
6) That's really cool. Do you have an address where I can send them a Christmas card?
I don't even know what Elf on the Shelf is, but I'm starting to see comments about it all the time. Weird since I usually am in the loop considering students tell me everything. We have to threaten Riley with phone calls to Santa plenty. In fact we are at the point of Santa calling me every evening to discuss Riley's daily behavior. For Kale'a we just have to ask if she wants to go see Santa and that works. Oh and Riley asks for everything...he is so easily marketed to.
Post a Comment