This is the beginning of a bunch of catch up posts. It's just been so busy around here!
We have a passionfruit vine in our backyard. It took me about a year to figure that out (our next door neighbor asked if our passionfruit vine was bearing fruit yet- I guess the owners had planted it right before moving):
We obviously became so excited when we noticed little passionfruit growing on the vines. I was worried though b/c it was getting to be winter and thought for sure the weather would get too cold and the passionfruit wouldn't survive...sure enough, the fruit started dropping to the ground all wrinkled & rotten-looking. But then, just over a month ago...our lawn maintenance guy told me "hey, I picked up all of your passionfruit and put it on your patio table." What??? Come to find out, passionfruit drop to the ground when they're ripe- and they look rotten/wrinkled (see photo)- but you cut them open and they're perfect inside! Amazing...! Unfortunately, the girls decided they weren't big fans of it (it is a bit tart)- so I found a recipe for a passionfruit hummingbird cake, which was pretty good!
Emiko took this photo of Mei...she does this pose randomly every once in awhile- not sure why- we call it her yoga pose.
The kids had "twin" (ahem, triplet???) day at school and got to dress alike.
More to come soon...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment