Spring State Championships were awesome! Her team won 2nd place overall. She finished 2nd in the all-around with 1st place finishes in bar and floor, 4th place on vault, and 6th on beam.
Kaiya traveled to Tasmania with her team for 1 week to compete in the Janssen-Fritzen Open. They didn't expect to place (and they didn't- the competition was tough)- but it was a fun experience for Kaiya to travel to a new place and see teams from all over Australia compete. With the other kids in good hands with Brian and his parents, I was able to fly to Tasmania to watch the competition. I didn't get to spend much time with her (the coaches don't want the parents to become a distraction to the kids so we weren't allowed to see them much) but I enjoyed watching her training sessions and competition. Her talent just amazes me.
Kaiya with her teammates at dinner after the competition is over...they are a great group of girls. With as much time as Kaiya spends in the gym you would hope that you'd like the other girls...and I do- all of them are awesome!
So proud of Kaiya for a great competition season...she got one week off from practice and then got right back into it. She's now moved up to the next level and has started training with a new coach. Gymnastics is truly a year round sport...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment