One day I traveled 90 min outside of Hobart to Port Arthur (Tasman Peninsula)...see map above...of course the wildlife signs are different! Unfortunately, I didn't ever see a Tasmanian devil in the wild...
The next 4 photos were taken at the Port Arthur Convict Prison. Most of the buildings are ruins now b/c of a couple of bush fires back in the late 1800's. It's so pretty though- it reminded me more of castle ruins in Scotland!
This is the Isle of the Dead, a small island that was used as a cemetery- more than 1100 people are buried there.
This is the famous Tasman Arch- formed by erosion from wind/water. You can walk over the arch too.
I went on a hike along the sea cliffs on the Tasman Peninsula.
The next 3 photos are taken from various lookout points along the path.
At the Tasman Blowhole. I was told this blowhole is unique b/c instead of blowing upwards like most blowholes, this one blows sideways. I managed to capture a picture of the spraay it made "blowing."
My last day was spent in Richmond- a quaint. little town about 30 minutes outside of Hobart. Richmond boasts the oldest stone bridge in all of Australia. Isn't it too cute? It's still in good condition too- I drove over it to take these photos.
A random church I thought was pretty.
At Richmond Gaol- one of the oldest in Australia
Inside the gaol.
And that's it for Tassie. The End.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















No comments:
Post a Comment