I feel so lucky that I was able to spend nearly a full week in Hobart, Tasmania. For those geographically challenged, see map above! Tassie is gorgeous and picturesque- with Kaiya training and watching her teammates compete, I was able to do quite a bit of sightseeing.
First off, the Cadbury Choc Factory. It's a shame that in the states you only see the Cadbury Easter eggs...b/c in Australia you can get Cadbury year round and they have so many yummy varieties of chocolate. Although we weren't allowed into the actual factory, I did a 30 min. tour and learned all about how a cocoa plant turns into chocolate. It was quite educational...of course I was given free chocolate. And of course, I bought more in the shop (the prices are much cheaper than retail prices).
I don't remember the last time I ate all by my lonesome. But I took full advantage of it and tried to eat out as much as possible at restaurants you wouldn't want to take your kids to!
Salamanca Place- a grouping of old stone buildings that's been turned into a great, funky place to shop/dine. Loved it here- so many fun places to browse through.
Hobart waterfront.
The Museum of Old and New Art (MONA). I was surprised to see that God and God's mistress have their own reserved parking spaces...but not surprised to see them empty...
The view of River Derwent from MONA.
Some of the artwork was kinda fun- like this funky ping pong table that you could actually play with.
Other artwork was just bizarre- like this massive worm with a human head on top of a bunch of gravestones...
Jackman & McRoss Bakery was highly recommended by a friend- it didn't disappoint. This is the biggest lamington I've seen since moving down under! It was as big as my glass! (A lamington is a popular Aussie dessert- sponge cake covered in chocolate sprinkled with coconut.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











No comments:
Post a Comment