Monday, December 5, 2016

End of November Highlights

Spa Day with friends in Bahrain. We took a driver over to Bahrain, had brunch, spa treatments, and did a little bit of shopping before heading home. I really feel like this needs to happen more often!
Mei gave Mina a back massage while waiting for swim lessons to begin. She literally climbed on to Mina's back and was bouncing up and down. (Not sure how Mina managed to stay injury free.) Quite a masseuse, that girl.
My favorite person in the whole, wide world celebrated a birthday the day before Thanksgiving. We celebrated 17 years of marriage this year and I just lava him. And check out this Saudi-style candle- now that's a flame!
Turkey Trot at 6:15 am before school...b/c the kids still had school on Thanksgiving (not a holiday here)! I've got 2 girls in that photo somewhere...can you spot 'em?
We had two Thanksgiving dinners- lucky us! We were invited to a friend's home...and then the next day hosted another dinner. I meant to take more photos...with people...but I ended up forgetting. Sorry, I only have a table setting photo.
Mina did insist on this salt/pepper shaker being the centerpiece. Whilst at the souqs, the girls were playing with this abaya/thobe salt & pepper shakers. The kind shop owner gave it to them as a gift- so nice! Anyways, it's just funny to me b/c public displays of affection are pretty much forbidden here...so this salt/pepper shaker is kind of scandalous. Side note- pull them apart and they look like ghosts- so we have some new Halloween decorations for next year!
RAIN! Be still, my heart...It rained over Thanksgiving weekend. I've missed rain. It's the first time we've seen rain since moving here. Since rain is so rare here, it caused a lot of flash flooding...and the 7th/8th grade buildings lost power (school for Kaiya was cancelled for a day). It's so weird to me...school cancelled b/c of rain!!!

No comments: