When planning our trip to Amsterdam...I knew I wanted to drive down to Brussels for the day and eat all of the things. B/c hello, Brussels- belgian waffles, chocolate, fries, etc! As we drove down, we stopped at the Hague temple for a family photo.
1st stop was at Maison Dandoy for traditional liege waffles...so good. I think mine was just sprinkled with a bit of sugar...but everyone else drowned theirs in chocolate, nutella, ice cream, all the things! It was a good way to start the day.
Next up was a stop at the Chocolate Museum- at the end there's a wall with dispensers filled with free chocolate samples. And you take take as much as you want...so we did. It was a sugar overload kind of day!
The Grand Place (square)- Kaiya's handstand photo
And a family photo in the square.
The famous Mannekin Pis (Peeing Boy statue)- it's a tiny statue of a boy peeing...kind of underwhelming but definitely the most crowded spot we visited in Brussels that day. (Also, they have a peeing girl statue too which we saw and a peeing dog statue which we did not see- I'm not sure why the city of Brussels is into peeing statues?!)
Brussels also has a love of comic strips and there are murals all over the city of popular comic strips. This one is of one of the most famous comic strip heroes, Tintin- that means nothing to you...really it means nothing to us also but we took a photo b/c that's what you do when you're a tourist!
I lied, while Mannekin Pis had a big crowd...the line for Belgian fries was longer! Totally worth the wait though- fries are good.
So now you know we ate nothing but junk all day in Brussels!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment