Sunday, December 23, 2018

June!

It's hard having a summer birthday here in Saudi- especially when everyone scatters to their home country for the summers. Mei has never had a friend party b/c she's basically lived overseas her whole life. So we decided to have a 5 11/12th's party on June 6. I'm betting she's the only kid to have celebrated turning 5 11/12th's!
Bowling party for the win- easy to plan (meaning nothing to plan!) and no clean up!
Emiko broke her toe at an indoor play place (it got caught in a climbing net) and had to wear a special shoe for several weeks. Health care in Saudi is hit and miss...I asked how long she needed to wear the shoe and the doctor was like "If she needs it 2 months...it's ok. If she needs it 4 weeks...it's ok. Basically, just have her wear it until she doesn't need it." Thank you, super helpful doctor! Also, b/c we were leaving in a few days for the rest of the summer the doctor said to call and request an urgent appointment with the ortho specialist. Of course, once we called they couldn't get us in until 2 months later. By then, she was fine.
This doggie needed a haircut badly! We kept laughing at how the poor guy couldn't see anything. The groomers on camp had to go on emergency leave so it was a long wait to get in. We finally got him in right before we left...but for some reason I never took an after photo. Oh well.
Speaking of healthcare here- I went in to complain about my knee again and was hoping to get a referral for an MRI. I left without a referral and ended up instead taking an allergy blood test. I'm not even making this stuff up!
Mei was really into UNO during the month of June- I was having to play on a regular basis after school. What's funny is that we often played with Phase 10 cards b/c UNO cards often went missing.

No comments: