Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Let's Start at the Beginning

When we first arrived in Perth we stayed at the Sheraton Hotel for a couple days until our short-term apartment was ready. The hotel was right along the Swan River.

A view from our hotel room:

One tuckered out kid (Emiko)...

Our first trip to the beach. I love how the water is a pretty aqua color.

It was unusually windy that day and Mina was not happy to have the sand being blown in her face (same with the rest of us- we left after 15 minutes).

Emiko is required to have a wide-brimmed hat for school to wear during recess & other outdoor activities. Of course she picked a pink one (and of course Mina wanted one too). Kaiya has to have one also but her's is the uniform navy blue. You can kind of get an idea of what her uniform looks like since she's in the background of this pic.

I think I already mentioned our short-term housing was yucky...apparently cleaning it before our arrival was optional. The girls found garbage and "treasures" under the couch cushions, the vacuum cleaner was broken, I found hair in our bedsheets, etc. I'm glad we moved out of there quickly. However, our apartment was right on the ocean and we got to go to the beach several times during our brief stay there.

3 comments:

Miss Lee said...

Wow Emiko when you're tired you're TIRED!

Lesley said...

I love hearing about everything! Those wide-brimmed hats are a fun little detail I wouldn't have anticipated.

Kaiya's uniform looks like it is a little less fun... the sort of thing that definately wouldn't include a pink hat!

Keep up the fun posts!

PS We miss you at book club. Do you want me to take you off the evite until you get back?

Leslie said...

Oh my goodness that short term housing sounds like my nightmares come true! I would die, I think. Glad you've moved on to cleaner pastures -- and quickly.