Mina got a manicure at the nail spa at the resort. I love that she's drinking water out of a wine glass- she's fancy schmancy that way. Her biggest concern as her nails were drying: "mom, how long until I can pick my nose?"

Relaxing back at the hotel room...Mei and Brian were cuddling.

Our last evening in KK. Brian stayed at the hotel with Mei and I took the girls to the Mari Mari Cultural Village. It was amazing. I was worried the girls would think it boring. I was so wrong! We learned about the native tribes in Malaysia...the girls loved it all. Here's a glimpse of a few things we did:
Most of the bamboo homes had a loft built for the unmarried daughters. The ladder is removable to protect the virtue of their daughters from attack in the middle of the night. Personally, I think it makes for a great time-out spot.

A photo of one of the bamboo houses...we were told that the more colourful the house, the more wealthy the tribe...this tribe was wealthy.

Henna is a practiced art form- the girls thought that henna Angry Birds was awesome- it lasted 5-6 days.

A photo in front of a marriage altar. Kaiya is wearing the female headdress. Emi is wearing the male counterpart. Mina...is just holding a flower.

A bamboo trampoline. There are prizes tied to the ceiling and you try and jump up high to grab them. They told the girls that they had iPads and iPods up there...it took them awhile to realize it was a joke. The girls had a fun time jumping on the bamboo floor.

At the end of the tour through the village we sat down for a show of traditional dancing. Mina was mesmerized. At the conclusion of the dancing we got to take pictures with the dancers.

After dancing it was time to eat dinner. B/c they don't have pots and pans they cook a lot of their food in bamboo...the potato and chicken dish from this bamboo was delicious!

No comments:
Post a Comment