...since we left for Singapore. Internet costs $25/day (ouch!) but we finally caved b/c Brian can't go without cougarfan.com for more than a couple of days. Plus, my mom asked us to update the blog if we could. Unfortunately, there's no pics. I'll post pics when we get home. So here's my quick 5 minute rundown of Singapore:
1) First, Mina is a monster to travel with. The 4 1/2 hr flight was 4 1/2 hrs too long...easily the worst flying experience I've had.
2) At the Hard Rock Cafe, Emiko asked our waiter point blank "Are you a girl or a boy?" The waiter replied "what do you think?" Brian and I both remained quiet b/c honestly, we did NOT know the answer. Emi finally responded "I think you are a boy." Thank goodness she was right- very awkward moment.
3) We bought ponchos at the zoo b/c it was raining. I have to say that Mina looks very cute in a poncho.
4) Sentosa Island (where we're staying- it's just south of the city) is amazing! I wish I could describe it better...it reminds me of Las Vegas, but CLEAN! Chewing gum is illegal- it's not even allowed into the country. And eating/drinking on the bus or train is a $500 fine (including breastfeeding b/c breast milk is a drink...I read it on the public transportation website)!
5) Singapore has a Chili's Restaurant. We ate there. It was pure heaven. It probably doesn't make any sense to you but at nearly 6 months of no "American" type restaurants...well it felt like home. I kept saying to Brian "I don't remember Chili's ever tasting so good" and he'd reply "I know..." and wolf down some more chips and salsa. I've never seen the girls eat so well. Kaiya had a hamburger...Emi had KRAFT mac & cheese...Mina had black beans. Oh, and we had root beer too- oh how we've missed root beer!!!
Anyways, we still have more exploring to do. Kaiya wants to ride the mega-zip line (it was on The Amazing Race)...and then there's Universal Studios too. Happy 4th of July everyone...it's nice to be in Singapore for 4th of July since we've been spoiled with little tidbits of American culture (KRAFT mac & cheese, root beer, etc).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Sounds like you're having fun. I can't wait for the pictures. There used to be a Chili's here in Sydney, which I totally loved going to (cause like you said, it's a little piece of home), but it closed down. It just wasn't popular enough, go figure! And you should check out Chinese grocery stores in Perth for Root beer and some American chocolates like Herseys and Reeces. That's where we get ours.
I think I am going to start calling my house Sentosa Island--I can't stand chewing gum.
My husband can't go without his cougarfan, too. I wonder if they've communicated and not even known it...
Sounds like a great time (except for the plane ride), I'm glad you are having fun!
You guys are having some awesome experiences! I want to experience singapore and Australia!
Love all your cute comments about your kids and your thoughts! So fun!
I need an Emi around so someone can ask an awkward question when I need an answer! I totally understand about Chilis, when we found one in Chicago after we hadn't been in one in a while we were so in heaven. (although I know its not quite the same). Have fun, can't wait to see the pics!
Post a Comment