Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Emiko Turns 5

I took Emi to the hair salon for a haircut and decided to have the hairdresser give her bangs (or "fringe" if you're Aussie). Doesn't she look adorable?

But that's not the reason for this post...rather, it was Emi's 5th birthday yesterday! Can't believe she's 5 already. When she woke up yesterday she told me her dress didn't fit b/c "now that I'm 5 I'm big and I think this dress is too small now." Well, well.

Since we were still at Sunshine Coast for the Easter holidays we had a jam-packed day of sightseeing which I'll blog about later. But here's a picture of the cake and birthday girl.


She's outgoing. She's drama & tears. She's laughter. She's blunt (last week in the elevator on our way to the US consulate office she asked a lady why her voice sounded like a boy). She's friendly. She's crazy fun. Happy birthday Emiko!

5 comments:

andrew and brittani said...

Happy Birthday Emi!! She looks so cute with fringe.

Kelly Vowles said...

Happy Birthday Emi, cute fringe! I'm excited to hear your thoughts on the Sunshine Coast.

Nannette said...

Happy Birthday Emi- I see Brian in her in the last picture....

Roxanne said...

Very cute haircut! Darling girl.

Julia said...

I'm loving her hair! Can't believe she's 5 already!