Sunday, May 1, 2011

Sunshine Coast, Part 2

Staying on ocean front property meant definite beach time.


Don't get too jealous...but one afternoon while Brian & Mina napped I took the girls to the WORLD'S LARGEST GINGER FACTORY. Oh yeah. Buderim Ginger manufactures 3,100 tons of ginger every year (who knew the world liked ginger that much?). I know this b/c we took the "ginger tour." I am now a ginger expert.


At the end of the tour was a tasting plate of all things ginger. Ginger biscuit, ginger dipping sauce, ginger meatball, ginger pineapple, and ginger beer (a kind of soda...which Emiko's not allowed to drink anymore b/c she's thrown up the 2 times she's had it).

We also did a honeybee tour. Ginger & honey taste good together so the factory raises its own bees to make their ginger/honey products.

The morning of Emi's birthday it was a little drizzly out but we decided to walk to the Buderim Waterfalls anyways. It was totally worth it despite hiking in the mud wearing flip flops. I say hike but 1/2 of the 2 km was a wooden boardwalk so it was an ideal "hike" for the kids.

Gotta love built in stairs when hiking through the forest!






Emi's been going through an "I like to be clean" stage so she wasn't too thrilled about her feet getting muddy.

After the morning "hike" and afternoon naps we ventured to Underwater World- an aquarium in Mooloolaba.




Sorry that was a massively long post. I hope you didn't get bored. I personally had to take a few stretch breaks but I'm glad I'm finally done blogging about the trip! And no more trips planned until we return to America the end of June! Hooray!

1 comment:

Nannette said...

Your hair looks really cute. About ginger, I tried some of that candy Brian ate while in Bali to keep from being sick. It was SO strong I only lasted about 20 seconds before I spit it out, I don't know how he did it.