
Emiko turned 4 today. What can I say? I love this girl...she's spunky, loud, obnoxious, non-stop talking, funny, & lovable. She loves striking up conversations with strangers (namely the lawn mowers, grocery delivery guy, and the check-out stand lady)...she's a drama queen...she keeps me on my toes...we wouldn't have it any other way. We love our crazy Emiko! So how about another round of Emiko-ism's to celebrate this gals b-day???
1) While watching President Monson speak during General Conference (a church broadcast on TV where we listen to the leaders of our church)...
Brian: Emiko, who is that speaking?
Emiko: Oh, that's President Monster.
2) Emiko: Mom, I want to go back to our Houston home.
Kaiya: No way! I want to live here forever...
Emiko: (in a matter-of-fact voice) Ok mom, let's just leave her.
3) After feeding the kangaroos yesterday...
Me: Emi, you can't suck on your thumb.
Emiko: Why?
Me: Because you just fed the kangaroos- you need to clean your hands. I have hand sanitizer in the diaper bag...
Emiko: NOOOOO! (temper tantrum ensues)
Me: What is wrong with you?
Emiko: Hand sanitizer makes my thumb taste bad and I really want to suck my thumb right now...

(The kangaroos swarmed Emi- she said "it's because they all LOVE me."
4) Complaining about being tired on our walk today...
Emiko: I'm too tired- can someone carry me?
Me: Carry you? Aren't you a big 4 year old?
Emiko: Noooo, I'm TIRED!
5) Emiko: I don't like mom.
Me: Geez, and I just spent all afternoon making your cake! (I am NOT a cake decorator- she pic below for proof.)
Brian: Well, you can't have your birthday cake tonight if you don't like mom.
Emiko: Oh, ok. I like mom...sometimes.

6) Emi discussing who gets what horse body part on her cake...
Emiko: Dad, you can eat the horse head.
Brian: Why?
Emiko: Because you have a big head.

Happy b-day sweetie.
PS. Happy b-day too, dad (Emi shares her b-day w/my very cool dad)!

4 comments:
Yay! Happy Birthday Emi, love the horse cake!
Happy Birthday Emi. I seriously love that little girl and I've never met her. I can't wait to meet her and for her to play with Olivia. I think they'll be great friends!!
Happy Birthday Emi!! She cracks me up!!
Happy Birthday Emi! We miss you!
Post a Comment