Tuesday, April 6, 2010

More Easter Activities

The Thursday before Easter we invited a couple of Kaiya's school friends over to decorate eggs. We went to the grocery store, sprawled out in the egg aisle, & picked through the cartons of eggs in search of the lightest brown eggs (no white eggs here). With no egg decorating kits to be found (dyeing eggs are not a tradition here) I googled and found a simple recipe. The kids all had fun decorating their eggs. The brown eggs turned out great- the colors are deeper (no pretty pastels) and yellow was impossible to get...but I think overall they turned out egg-cellent.

I'm glad we decorated outside...of course we had a spill (I admit, it was me this time).

Can you tell which 2 I decorated?

Kaiya, her 2 friends, and Emi with the decorated eggs.

The closest Mina ever got to the eggs...maybe next year she'll be old enough to decorate.

1 comment:

Sylvia said...

OH! Those are bee-u-tiful!! I like them much better than the colors here. So fun.

And the girls look breathtaking in their gorgeous pink frocks. So glad you are keeping that tradition alive.