You all must know I hate grocery shopping since it seems like every other post is me whining about how much it sucks. I mean, canned chicken and canned tuna are on separate aisles- why????
I recently discovered that the grocery stores here deliver groceries for free! You place your order online and then ta da, someone knocks on your door with your food...they even bring it into your kitchen to unload. Really, it's like manna from heaven (except it's not free- but whatever). I'm one happy customer- life is good again...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Because tuna is also known as chicken of the sea so it would be too confusing to have both on the same aisle.
Do the delivery people expect a tip for bringing the groceries?
Wow, that's pretty nice. I wonder if they do that in Sydney too. Katie should take advantage of that if they do! I love hearing your take on all things Aussie. I'm glad you guys are managing to squeeze in so much fun stuff!
That's awesome!! Too bad they don't do that here!!
Hey, at least you can find canned chicken because it only came to Australia not that long ago (like 5 months or so). I've been waiting 7 years for canned chicken in Australia!
And yes, I can do the grocery delivery thing here, but from what I've heard, if you want to find the best deals, it's best to do it at the actual grocery store. Although, I hear they often throw in free samples when you do it online. And I've been shopping here long enough to have gotten used to the weird organization (although I am continually frustrated and shocked with the bagging of meat with other items - seriously, that's just not right!)
Lots of grocery stores did that in Vegas, too. Delivery was free if you spent over $100. Otherwise it was $5. (Plus the drivers refused tips!!!) Only problem was you couldn't use coupons, but in store deals were the same. Totally worth it, though, IMO.
Jon is actually Erin
Oh my gosh! I wish they did that here! How awesome!
In Charlotte, I loved the grocery store that let me order my whole list online and then go pick it up later-- they loaded it into my car-- was TOTALLY worth the $5 fee. Glad you found a decision.
Post a Comment