Last week within a 24 hr period Emiko managed to scrape her toe, fall down the stairs hitting her head, and scrape her arm at school...all separate incidents...all drawing blood. She was quite proud of her arm wound, requiring not just 1 but 3 bandaids. When we removed the bandaids later that day, she was amazed at the imprints the bandaids left behind..."mom, look at the beautiful decorations on my arm!" I love how Emi can always find the "beautiful" in any situation.
Behold the beautiful decorations...I hope they're visible enough.

Other Emiko-isms that had made me chuckle recently:
In response to Mina throwing her food on the ground for the millionth time:
Me: Mina, you are so naughty! (Mina grins at this statement.)
Emiko: Yeah, let's just get a new baby.
Emiko: Mom, try and guess this animal...it's brown.
Me: Um, a bear?
Emiko: No
Me: A deer?
Emiko: NO!
Me: Give me another clue.
Emiko: I'll tell you what letter it starts with...beev...beev...beev...
Me: A beaver?
Emiko: Good job mom. (Apparently we need more alphabet work.)
Emiko: Mom, do you know what little girls do? They rest. I'm tired and so I need to rest.
Me: Oh yeah, what do mommies do?
Emiko: Oh, mommies do EVERYTHING. (Amen to that.)

1 comment:
So cute, we miss all of that spunk!
Post a Comment