Really, I should be blogging about Brian's parents coming to visit us...and I will...sometime...
But it's late and I just realized today is May 5th and I didn't eat any Mexican food today to celebrate. I had a chicken casserole- the chicken was really tough. I even cooked it in a crock pot. Really, every time I make chicken- it's never tender. Now I know I'm not a great cook but I'm not that bad either. So now my theory is Aussie chickens are different than American chickens. (It's a very scientific theory too b/c I base it on the fact that American chickens produce white eggs...and here I've only seen brown eggs.) Brian thinks it's b/c the Aussie's here actually care about the chickens and don't pump them full of steroids/hormones...whatever. I miss American chicken.
But I digress.
I haven't had any Mexican food since moving here (which should be a crime). There aren't any Mexican restaurants here...probably b/c there are no Mexicans here...ha ha. I miss Pappasitos, Lupe Tortilla, even Taco Cabana. Brian doesn't understand since he's not a huge fan of Mexican food (which is totally un-American IMHO). So yeah, happy Cinco de Mayo...think of me as you're snarfing down an enchilada...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
We have the same prob. No Mexican food. I've become a pro at homemade salsa and tortillas, Cafe Rio pork, tacos, and green chili sauce. I have to be inventive, but it works out and I get my cravings satisfied!
If you want I can send you some easy mexican recipes for the crock pot. Do you have a crock pot? Your chicken might even turn out tender. :)
Post a Comment