I made salsa. The chili peppers are all different here...different names, different varieties, etc...so I was worried about how spicy it was going to be. It turned out a bit more mild than I wanted, but oh well. (I also canned the leftover tomatoes since I overestimated the amount I needed.)

I also canned some applesauce. So yummy...Kaiya and Emi have been gobbling it up non-stop!

PS. Katie, a BOSCH is a mixer (like a Kitchen Aid).
PPS. For those so intrigued about my bean cookies...I mashed up some butter beans (do they have that in the states???). I've never used it as a substitute for shortening but I think I remember my friend saying it could be used as a substitute for butter or shortening. Supposedly any bean will work- you just match the coloring of the food to the bean. Did my cookies taste the same? NO! Of course the original recipe is much, much better...but if you want to trick your kids into eating a bit healthier this is a pretty good alternative. My kids had no clue they were eating bean cookies...ha ha.

2 comments:
I'm so jealous you're already canning! My teeny tiny tomatoes just barely got outside on Saturday! You rock lady! Jealous!
kim, you are so impressive! The house pics look awesome! And way to go on the canning! Still can't get over the bean cookies! You are very resourceful! And SOOOO many more good things!
Post a Comment